E-Safety at Chidham
With children becoming increasingly I.T. literate, steps should be taken to help keep them safe on line. Although we cover this in every year group, it is important to teach your child some simple rules:
- make sure your child knows not to share personal information like their phone number or email address online;
- only talk to real life friends or family if they are on sites, games or apps with social media aspects;
- use privacy settings wherever they exist to keep their information private;
- be a good online friend and don’t say nasty things, even if it’s just a joke;
- use secure and legal sites to download music and games;
- check attachments and pop ups for viruses before they click or download anything;
- use Public Friendly WiFi when they’re out and about to filter inappropriate content.
We receive regular updates about e-Safety and supporting young people as they try and use the internet – and all that’s related to that. DITTO is the online e-Safety guidance briefing that we receive in association with the updates, and we are pleased to share them with you.