P.E (Physical Education)
At Chidham Parochial Primary School we believe physical education develops the children’s knowledge, skills and understanding, allowing development of an increased competence and confidence in a range of physical activities. Our pupils are provided with the opportunity to develop their personal and social skills by promoting character building, cooperation, team work and self-esteem through physical education.
As a school, we provide first hand experiences through lessons, school clubs, break times and lunch times as well as having close links with the local sports community.
All classes are expected to do 2 hours a week of curriculum PE and 30 minutes of active time. PE lessons provide opportunities for children to:
- Develop a positive attitude to participate in physical activity, increasing their self-confidence and self-esteem in a safe and enriching environment.
- Encourage children to work and play with others in a range of group situations.
- Develop and apply skills, and apply rules and conventions, for different activities.
- Set personal targets for themselves and compete against others individually and as team members, being able to evaluate their own and others performances.
- Knowledge and understanding of fitness and health: how important it is to be active; to recognise and describe how their bodies feel during different activities and the link between P.E and leading a healthy lifestyle.
We help motivate children to participate in a variety of sports through quality teaching that is engaging and fun. From our lessons, our children learn to take responsibility for their own health and fitness, many of whom also enjoy the success of competitive sports. We equip our children with the necessary skills and a love for sport. They will hopefully grow up to live happy and healthy lives utilising the skills and knowledge acquired through PE.
Click to see our PE Policy
Click to see our PE Progression of Skills