School Lunchtime Meals
Lunch break runs from 11.50am – 1.00pm each day. The children eat in three sittings, with each group having 50 minutes to eat and play. Children may either bring in their own packed lunch or have a hot school meal.
Children may bring a packed lunch to eat or a hot meal can be provided to any child via Chartwells which can be ordered (if your child is in KS1 or is entitled to a free school meal) or ordered and purchased (if your child is in KS2 and not entitled to a free school meal) through ParentPay
Parents wishing to order and where needed purchase meals for their children must place their order and make payment a minimum of one full week in advance of the entire week that they require the order. The cut-off point for an entire week's meal order is by midnight on the Thursday - 10 days before the whole week meals are required for. Once a cut-off point for a week has been reached, the dates are locked and no further alteration can be made on-line.
You do not need to order for the whole week, single days may be ordered. Payments can be made by credit card or debit card. Menus can be found on the website or you can pick one up from the school office. NB - If your child is going on a school trip or has a school event - please remember to cancel in sufficient time to gain a credit for that meal - 5 full working days in advance.
If your child is in YR, Y1 or Y2 a free hot school dinner will be provided for them (you can still choose to provide your child with a packed lunch if you wish) under the universal infant free school meals (UIFSM) government scheme
Children who bring a packed lunch are encouraged to ensure their lunch is healthy and to avoid sweets and fizzy drinks. Children may bring a drink to have with their lunch and also a water bottle to have during the day in class
Free School Meals
If you receive any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to receive free school meals. Free school meals in all West Sussex maintained and free schools and academies are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
· Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
· Income Support
· Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· The guaranteed element of state Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more £16,190)
· Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Forms can be obtained from the school office, or complete the form online: https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/education-children-and-families/schools-and-colleges/free-school-meals/